Boost Your Chess IQ – IM Boroljub Zlatanovic
Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at begin to change.
IM Boroljub Zlatanovic is a man on a mission. A mission to unlock the understanding and vision required to see chess the way the geniuses do.
He discovered that the biggest games are won by the player who excels at the ‘hidden’ skills and abilities. Dark arts like relativity, restriction, and thinking about the endgame.
In Boost Your Chess IQ, Zlatanovic explains why these things are often the deciding factor, and shows you how they work in practice with an analysis of instructive modern classics (all taken from 2020-2022).
Boost Your Chess IQ With…
Firouzja’s Maneuvers. Maneuvering is the art of improving your position by rearranging your pieces – often over many moves and with little contact with the enemy forces. Zlatanovic teaches you how to combine piece optimization with enemy neutralization to overpower your rivals… as Firouzja does brilliantly in Game 9 of the course.
Quantum Jumping the Multiverse. The most powerful skill this course will help you with is the ability to see multiple possible futures for your game, evaluate them ALL, and manifest the one you want. While your rival is adjusting to the new reality on the board, you know you have a winning position.
The Strait Jacket. Chess is all about activity… Would you offer a queen exchange while a pawn down? Caruana did… and soon has his opponent thrashing around like a madman, unable to break free. Boro trains you to see these opportunities and execute your strategy with perfect technique.
In this 8-hour course, Boro teaches the finer strategies and techniques that separate the great players from the merely good.
While you probably know all about things like pawn structure, piece activity, and sacrifices, Zlatanovic shows you how to:
- Invest in the future endgame – even in the opening.
- Accurately assess the relative value of pieces and positional factors.
- Punish your opponent’s planless play.
- Make progress in quiet positions.
- Restrict your rival’s options.
Includes fully annotated PGNs of all games.
About the Author
IM Boroljub Zlatanovic [2438 FIDE]
Boroljub Zlatanovic is an International Master and professional chess coach from Serbia. Boroljub has been coaching chess for more than 15 years and his students have shown outstanding results in Youth and Junior Championships.
Chapter 1: A Bad Plan is Better Than No Plan
- Game 1: Tari – Carlsen
- Game 2: Carlsen – Duda
- Game 3: Caruana – Giri
- Game 4: Damljanovic – Sarin
- Game 5: Duda – Firouzja
Chapter 2: Playing Patiently
- Game 6: Stankovic – Fedorowsky
- Game 7: Giri – Hao
- Game 8: Artemiev – Van Foreest
- Game 9: Firouzja – Anton Guijarro
Chapter 3: Relativity
- Game 10: Yakubboev – Kobalia
- Game 11: Artemiev – Sanal
- Game 12: Livaic – Firouzja
Chapter 4: Restriction
- Game 13: Caruana – Dubov
- Game 14: Kovalenko – Erenberg
- Game 15: Zlatanovic – Ostojic
- Game 16: Zlatanovic – Ilincic
Chapter 5: Thinking About the Endgame
- Game 17: Indjic – Gavrilescu
- Game 18: Tyurin – Zlatanovic
- Game 19: Wawer – Zlatanovic