We are happy to present a new high-quality course kindly provided by iChess.
This Grunfeld course by GM Shankland teaches you one of Black’s most exciting openings through the lens of Grandmaster tactics!
And there’s no better opening for this series than the ultra-sharp Grunfeld Defense, a favorite weapon of both Kasparov and Fischer, famously used by Bobby to win the Game of the Century – one of the many games covered here.
How to get the most out of this course:
- Tackle the 50 Grunfeld tactics using the included PDFs. 2) Watch Sam Shankland’s detailed analysis of each of the 50 positions.
- Watch the 9 lessons Sam has recorded on the secrets of the Grunfeld.
- Retake the tactics test, marvel at your improvement then rip through the other 100 tactics at your own pace.
- Get out there and destroy some d4 dreams with your new GM repertoire!
- Simple strategic wins. That pawn center White is so proud of is about to collapse like a house of cards. GM Shankland teaches you the weird knight maneuvers and stabbing pawn breaks that will win you game after game.
- Jaw-dropping attacks. As you’d expect, this course is full of world-class tactical patterns. Learn the early attack that leads to this position. Take the queen? Nah… sac our queen instead!
- Dynamic domination. The Grunfeld is rich in positional sacrifices that lead to crushing positions. Sam explains why they work and when to play them – game-winning moves your opponents will not see coming!
Sam strives for the highest quality in everything he does and this course is no different.
Study it and not only will you have a high-level understanding of the Grunfeld without having to memorize theory, but you’ll also vastly improve your calculation, tactical eye and intuition for dynamic play.
Free Chapter: Lesson 1 - The blocked center